Saturday, October 9, 2010

So proud of my gurl

Camryn and I had a first today, a big one.  Till recently I'd lead her to Danette's (neighbor) then we'd head off thru the trails out back.  Then Danette would lead Dakota to our pasture and we'd go riding.  A few days ago, Cam and I began riding to where our properties meet, where Danette/Dakota would meet us.  Dakota won't ride the woods on her own, she walks her over.  Today Camryn and I rode by ourselves over to Danettes.  I'm so proud of her, she even survived two moving horse eating chairs!!!  As we came over the peak of our hill, Danette's hubby had just gone by on his ATV.  Camryn had seen him but, he'd stopped just out of our sight.  What she saw as we hit the top was Marty picking up and tossing a white chair into the ATV trailer.  Shoot if I were a horse that'd freak me too.  Ecspecially as these two chairs are rarely in the same place when we ride thru, so she's been suspicious of them for a while.  This just proved to her that these were horse eating chairs!  I one reined her, Marty had now seen us, and spoke as he "carefully" placed the 2nd chair in the trailer.  He hopped on the ATV, I asked Camryn to move out, and we followed him over the bridge where we stopped to watch him put the chairs at his bonfire.  We then calmy finished our trip to get Danette/Dakota.  We did have a slight problem heading home, Camryn was balking going into our gate, we'd just gotten in the pasture when my cell rang.  As I reached back to kill the ringer, she took advantage and backed back out.  We then heard Danette yelling for us as he lead Dakota that Camryn's dog was with her husband at his bonfire.  Don't know how Onyx managed that, so we had to ride over and get him, the rode with Dakota back to her barn.  So she kind of won that battle as I didn't want to wrestle her at dusk back thru the gate.  So I led her down the road along with Onyx back to our place.
I feel so liberated and free now that we've crossed the hurdle of riding on our own.  YIPPEE

No comments:

Post a Comment