He'd broken a hip late 2016, bounced right back. A week ago he'd fallen, thankfully we'd gotten him a life alert. While there was only minimal injury from the fall, it was discovered he had blood in his urine along with other things that weren't quite right that he'd not shared with us. As Dr's attempted to figure things out, he crashed, 16 minutes of CPR brought him back "kind of." He was now unresponsive with his body shutting down. Poor Hubs despite his own pain made the decision to allow his Dad & God the final decision. FIL is now reunited with 10 of his 13 siblings & two late wives. His wish was to rest once again in WV, his past congregation have gladly taken the lead there assisting Hubs in making his wish come true. His three daughters, well let's just say we're blessed that one is sane and uncontrolling & that FIL knew who he could trust to abide by his wishes and be fair. Puts, so much on Hubs besides the pain of his loss but, he's getting it done.
The confusing part: today I got a call regarding a gelding I'd checked out as I was selling Camryn-pre Grace. The owner is in her 70's and has had him since he was a two year old. She'd decided at the last minute she just couldn't part with him, which I understood. Before Merlin, I'd called her to see where she stood regarding selling Cha-chi, she still couldn't part with him. She called me this morning and left the message that he'd be for sale shortly, her health wasn't allowing her to ride much any longer. He's been being kept ridden by some of the people at her barn when she can't. She plans to get him ridden more frequently, then offer him up for sale, I have first dibs. I left her a brief message regarding what we have going on and that I'd call her sometime next week to talk. What to do?
Not the time to discuss horse things with Hubs, we have to clear the house, do some needed repairs, and get it sold! Plus I have the Mini's & Grandsons to think about. Do I have time?
I've spoken with my friend who lives next door to my FIL's house. She has a boarding barn & a woman who Cha-chi's owner had keeping him ridden & trained now boards with her whome she trusts. Her thoughts were to ask owner if perhaps she'd consider a half lease, move him there, I'd be able to ride, get to know him, take lessons with her friend who's worked with him...she'd still of course be able to ride as she could & go from there? Logic says no, BUT!!!