Sunday, January 16, 2011

Killer comforter...

     Hubby & I decided our down comforter had seen better days.  So off we went shopping, to replace it. Rather than tossing the old one, it's only problem being after many years of use & cleaning, the down had rearranged itself to only the bottom.  I decided to give it to Onyx
     I felt it would be perfect for his house in the barn.  As I carried it down to the barn, Camryn saw me coming and began heading for the gate to greet me.  Suddenly, her head popped off, she did a few shot gun snorts and took off across her paddock.  Actually doing the prettiest high stepping trot I've ever seen her do!
      Normally Camryn is not a fearful girl, I realized with the white snow surrounding me, along with the bulky white comforter, what she saw was a head & boots heading her way!!!  I'd have freaked out myself at that one.  I commented to her regarding how pretty she was moving, she stopped frozen, with a "what the" look on her face.  I could here her thinking "it speaks & has Mom's voice"!!!  Once I entered her paddock, I simply tossed the comforter over the gate, continuing on to her hay bag as if nothing out of the usual was happening.  Camryn came back to her normal self, immediately headed for the comforter, giving it a good sniff.  She then turned and looked at me with a "boy do I feel silly now" look LOL.  I did click/treat her several times as she examined it further, so she likes comforters now :)
     Onyx thinks the comforter is killer in an entirely different way.  As soon as I arranged it in his house, he crawled up over it and plumped down quite happily.  He thinks he's in a 5 star barn now I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. It's funny the things that look different enough to be scary at first.

    Our two year old colts are perfectly accustomed to seeing our old timers wearing blankets. However, the other day was pretty warm, so I took off the blankets and hung them on the fence.

    Oh golly!! When I took Tex and Doolittle out of the pasture I got a bunch of spooks. A blanket on the fence is apparently a whole different creature. After they had some time to approach the blankets and sniff them, however, they were fine.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete