While chocolate might taste very good for humans it's not so good for our little furry friends. And Ivy says it tastes much better goin in than it did coming back up!!!
Gramma had gifted Mom with a huge bar of Dark German Chocolate, since Mom's been on a diet she decided to ration herself rather than gorge on it all at once. She shoulda gorged!!!
She had it sitting on the dining room table (all chairs pushed it), when she came in from preforming my room service chores today, she saw the wrapper on the floor! We gots the Vet's #'s on speedial. Mom called, they said to give each (Mom didn't know who took it or if they shared) a table spoon of hydrogen peroxide, if vomiting didn't start she should dose again in 15 minutes, then again. If nothing came up to get em to the office.
Promise brought up nothing but her milkbone and foam after one dose. Mom gived her a second just in case the chocolate just didn't come up. Ivy (the culprit) took three doses before bringing up her self given treat. Guess she wanted to keep it?
Mom says we gots lots to be grateful for 1. the Vet is on speed dial. 2. the Vet had no problem leaving patient to tell Mom what to do. 3. she knew the empty wrapper was deadly. 4. due to the frigid weather she's been home from work more often than not. Working in a greenhouse in this weather is inhumane. 5. Because of Promise surgeries we had peroxide on hand for cleaning up the blood drainage on her fur. Cause iffen any of those things hadn't happen, Ivy woulda been a gonner.
Still no clue how Ms. Short Stubby Legged Princess Ivy managed to reach the chocolate. And we ain't tellin Gramma cause she'd feel horrible about what "coulda" happened!
Mom did call Vet back to Thank them big time.