Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cardi content

Seems I haven't included the Cardis enough in the blog for some people (Kristi)!!!  So, today I'll focus on the baby of our Cardigan Welsh Corgi clan.  Ivy, aka Mirage Steadfast & Loyal is her name, playfulness and cuddling is her game.  Ivy was one of two litters born during my eldest son (Chris) 2nd tour of Iraq.  Steadfast & Loyal is the motto of the Army 4th ID, the Ivy Leaf their insignia, so this is were her name comes from.  Both litters name theme of course had the military in mind.  I gave each new puppy person a list of names chosen by my sons platoon from which to choose their pups registered name.  I haven't been doing the dog show thing for a few years, so Ivy's Championship is in limbo though she does have one of her majors along with a few single points towards that.  Occasionally Ivy get to come back to the barn to play, not often as she can be a tad bit horse clueless.  Ivy gets so busy showing off for Onyx that she races herself behind, in front of and under Camryn.  Fortunately Camryn is fine with this and seems amused!!!  As you can see in Ivy's photo's she has an impish personality, she's a friend to one and all and a wonderful ambassador to her breed.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!! Finally some Corgis blog time!! You look good Ivy! My mom is being a slacker too about the Championship thing! Tim keeps nagging her too....but mom says she loves me all the same! Luv...your litter mate Dixie;)

    ReplyDelete