Thursday, February 3, 2011

Febuary begins with...

Febuary begins, with it's pros & cons.  First off, Hubs had the flu a pretty wicked case.  As I'm cleaning vomit I'm thinking this doesn't bode well for me.  Yuppers, Hubs shares well with others and BAM, I came down with it as well.  Fortunately, doesn't only share he helps.  He took over the vast majority of barn chores, mucking, feeding...He also cared for me and the dogs.  Took three days for me to even have the energy to "sit" at the computer!!!  Thought for a while that the toilet and I would remain bonded for life!!! I did drop nearly 10 pounds LOL
Besides being under the weather, we were surrounded by it.  Have no clue how much snow, but it's so frozen rather than trudging thru, I can walk on it!!!  Bad part is barn door froze shut, managed that with my trusty pick axe and got Camryn out & fed.  Wish I had pix of her after she of course didn't want to hang out in the barn, preferring to be outside.  She had nearly 2 inches of snow herself.
Dogs of course aren't bothered by it at all, actually they like being able to simply walk on the snow.  Our terror mix, has his barkday today and turned 14!!!  My how the time flies, he's still perky enough to hump Promise who is in season.  Don't worry he's neutered, for some reason he just doesn't realize this!!!
Groundhog didn't see his shadow yesterday.  Supposed to mean spring is near.  Could be he's right (hope so) as I saw a robin this morning!!!  Poor, poor, "stupid" thing he should have stayed down south for sure!
Energy spent, back to the couch now....

1 comment:

  1. Ewwww! I detest the stomach flu. Whenever anyone in my house has it I become OCD about washing and cleaning. Usually I'm not a germaphobe at all, but for some reason vomiting makes me sick ;-)

    Glad you are on the mend. Winter does add challenges to horse care. I love it when you can walk on the snow - until suddenly it lets loose!

    ReplyDelete