Saturday, February 12, 2011

Trailer shopping...

Hubs has given me the green light on a horse trailer YIPPEE...Camryn & I will be mobile.  Well, that is once I find one, and of course do a ton of practice with hitching, towing, backing...
Not worried about loading Camryn, though before I get the hang of all of the above, we'll practice that just because.
Looking for a well loved older trailer as my price range is limited.  I've got my eye on three on craigslist.  Kind of leaning towards a stock trailer, it's a slant/ramp load, is newer, looks to be in super condition, has a tack/small dressing room.  The other two are both older with mangers, and tack storage under manger, one a slant, the other a straight load, both with ramps.  Again both look to be in very good condition.  While for some reason, I lean more towards a straight load, the open feeling of a stock I think would be better for Camryn, and the tack/dressing area would be great for storage.  Also I'm not all the keen on mangers, having heard to many horror stories regarding these.
Any thoughts, or guidance on my quest much appreciated.
I know this seems odd, I'll be borrowing my sons truck the first year to tow as ours is a Ranger and much to small.  Thanks Chris, I know you love your Momma ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I love my trailer. I love the freedom of being able to take one or both of my guys some place. Like you, the manger scared me. I have also heard terrible tales - involving both humans and horses.
    I think most horses prefer the openness of either a slant load or a stock trailer.
    Can you buy the trailer pending a positive outcome of an examination by a reputable trailer shop?

    ReplyDelete