Thursday, February 17, 2011

night pix, demise of stall ballz...

     This stall ballz survived approx. 72 hours, was gone, gone, gone this morning!!!  Proving Ms. Camryn isn't just a gate Houdini, she's also the hanging treat Houdini.  The rope is still hanging and intact however, quite the disappearing act!!!  What a brat, it was big enough if left hanging should have lasted at least a week.  When examining it yesterday, it appeared she was chewing away primarily just beside the rope, I imagine she worked all night managing to literally chew it down.
    Supposed to be in the high 50's/low 60's today.  Awesome and not so awesome, as the paddock is a thick lumpy sheet of ice.  I hung Camryn's hay net in the barn aisle to encourage her to stay in at least a few hours this morning.  She has huge feet and so far the ice hasn't hindered her one iota, still I worry.
     I've also taken note of the fact that she's all alone, externally it doesn't seem to worry her, only seeming anxious on windy days.  I have noticed though that she's turned into quite the beaver along the fence line.  I'll have to get pix of it once I don't need to worry over falling on ice quite so much.  Also even with the addition of alfalfa pellets w/nearly an entire hay bail, "I think" she's gotten to thin.  Could be just I'm used to chub & my imagination as my neighbor suggests.  Anyway, I've ordered her "Smartgut" from smartpaks equine. 
     Will sign off with some pix I took the other night, sorry not horsey.  Just showing floral beauty thru winter:
I don't chop these hydrangea flowers till spring.  Kind of like them hanging out thruout winter, give my a visual treat when all is white and barren.

No comments:

Post a Comment