Tuesday, March 22, 2011

dirt bike in the neighborhood...

Came home from work, headed down to the barn.  Camryn was as usual watching over the neighborhood at the fence.  She has a clear view of 5 properties so there is usually something worth watching.   Normally, when she sees me coming, she leaves her nosy neighbor station meeting me at the gate.  Today however she stayed where she was, so I knew something really interesting must be going on. 
Seems Kevin who's property is pretty close had just unloaded a dirt bike from his truck.  Camryn is very used to 4 wheelers, I'm guessing a dirt bike is something new to her.  I'd just walked into the paddock when they started up the bike, you know how they sound like a swarm of very large bees.  Camryn whirled away, she was getting the H out of Dodge.  She'd taken only a few steps upon realizing she was headed right at me.  Did a perfect reining horse stop & spin away from me, then proceeded to buck her way across the paddock.  Once stopped, she stood there like "wow, why did I do that" & headed back to the fence to check it our further.  I hung her hay along the fence nearest the action.  My thinking being, eating being Camryns most favorite thing to do that in the future perhaps good thoughts would emit when she hears a dirt bike!  Works with puppies LOL

1 comment: