Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Water, Febuary all gone...

     The flooding at my neighbors receded so she was able to bring the horses back yesterday afternoon, before the trails had iced over.  She spent the entire day, clearing out the mess it made.  Luckily she uses stall mats so the horses aren't standing on wet ground.  That & what hay she keeps down was stacked two pallets high.  The water rose only to the top of the bottom pallet, plus it was a small amount so she'll keep her eye out for mold & such.
     One of the best things about February is it's such a short month.  It's always one I'm happy to see well behind me.  It's a sunny 34 degrees right now.
Wondering if as March comes in like a lamb, it's supposed to go out like a lion...does yesterday count as the lion part?
      I just went out and swept out the new (to me) trailer, noticed some condensation inside.  Don't know how to open roof vent so am leaving the top rear & an escape door open to air it out.  I did hook it up yesterday and play with pulling and backing, so much fun LOL.  I was in the process of backing the truck back to hook it up when hubby spotted me.  I was only a few inches off, but still he felt the need to direct me the rest of the way.  I really wanted to see if I could do it myself (could have), but didn't want to brush off his assistance in case I do need it in the future.  I simply pulled and backed it down the drive & gate several times.  Didn't do badly, need lots more practice before I take off and fly.  Did notice some rotting on one floor board, bad weather day of buying I didn't check as good as I could have.  Hubby will take care of that before Camryn & I load up and go...
HAPPY MARCH!

2 comments:

  1. Hubby's like to help. You are smart to let him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your husband. You are certainly well loved - his actions prove it. Also, your children are so supportive of your riding and horse interests. You are a lucky woman.

    ReplyDelete