Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pay now...

Camryn here:
Well, Mom's been busy researching saddles for me.  Ya'all know bout my saddle issues right?  My old saddle that Mom thought fit didn't, I'm such a good girl I never once complained.  Mom woulda not known cept my trimmer noticed I had atrophy issues going on with my whithers and topline.  So, Mom bought a differant saddle that didn't fit either, borrowed several, tried friends.  At one big ride lotsa people brought saddles for me to try.  None worked.  Her tried a treeless Sensation and liked it's fit on me, but it was english and her didn't feel to secure in it.  Tried another and liked it lots but, it wasn't for sale.  Her really likes the Synergist we've been borrowing but, it's not for sale either AND while it fits now, it won't onced my back is back as it should be.  Plus all my saddle issues with treed saddles has her feeling very wary bout going with trees for me again.
So, her joined a treeless group, began researching whilst being laid up and decided on two types.  One being Sensation, the other Barefoot brand.  Seems lots of Haflingers have treeless saddles!!!  Mmmmm, who'd of thought hee hee
On with her quest, Mom found a used Barefoot Arizona, it comes with pad and breast collar too on Craigslist.  It's in Monanta but, Mom just hit "Pay Now" on PayPal so tomorrow it'll be on it's way here to Ohio and me!!!  It should be here on Friday.  Course Mom can't test ride me with it just yet.  But, we can make sure it fits and suits me good.
I can't wait for my new outfit saddle to get here now.  Hooves all crossed that it's the saddle for me :)
Later...

4 comments:

  1. Doc here. I tried a Barefoot saddle on a year or so ago. I enjoyed it. My Mrs. Owner didn't buy it 'cause she already had a saddle that fit me and one that fit Pippin. But, she was impressed with the quality of the saddle.
    Lucky you! I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear all about the saddle! Very exciting! I hope it fits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitch checking in. We had a Barefoot saddle for me once. Granted, it was the Cheyenne DryTex, so quite a fluffy fluffy saddle. Ended up selling that for a Sensation, but we're back to a treed saddle now because the Sensation had to be sold to pay for fence damages. The Girl said it had to be my saddle that got sold because I was the one that broke the fence.

    Good luck on the saddle.

    ReplyDelete