Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lots of differant "stuff"...

Guess I should start with the fact that today is my birthday.  Suffice to say the numbers appear better reversed!!!  Hubs surprised me with a cute little card, inside a note says we'll be shopping at truck dealerships this weekend!!!!!!!!!  What guy, and no he doesn't have any brothers.  I'm so excited, Camryn has requested a pink truck by the way.
The baby robins have flew from their condo.  Sunday morning I noticed only one left in the nest as I went to fetch the paper.  A little while later I noticed the little guy was flapping about so stopped to watch him.  He hopped on the doorway, leaned out and "flew" off.  I'd never ever seen a first flight that wasn't part of a documentary.  It's one of those experiences I think that stay with you always.

Day before they flew from the condo
If the weather holds (fingers crossed) Camryn & I will have our 3rd class this afternoon.  We've been doing our homework.  She now backs with just a wiggle of our fingers, then comes into me as I turn my shoulder away.  This is one she must enjoy as she's constantly offering to back away LOL.  I've also been working on sending her away, it had been something we could do but, with no consistency.  As I suspected it had been my body language all along.  I'd either be to far back causing her to disengage her rear, or to far forward telling her to stay put.  Now that I have my part down, she moves out smoothly.  We're also working on side passing from the ground.  I ask for her shoulder to step over, then quickly the same on the rear.  Once again she's one smart gal, while it's not 100% she caught on after just a few tries.  Clicking with a jackpot of treats really says "you got it girl"!  Still issues with criminalizing grass as we lead, just can't help herself on that one I guess!!!
Danette & I rode the girls thru the woods, as we're headed back to the barn I lost my left stirrup.  I fished around with my foot only to find that I'd literally "lost" my left stirrup.  It was laying on the trail a few feet away!!!  Doesn't say much for Cashel's rotating extender does it!!!  Seems that as the stirrup rotates it also unscrews itself.  Camryn of course was a good girl, we finished the ride back to the barn with my having just the one stirrup.  She also didn't bat an eyelash as I dismounted from her off side. 
Her sweet itch is beginning to rear it's ugly self once again.  Also Camryn was feeling quite hormonal, normally I have no clue when she's in season.  As soon as we walked into the arena she began squirting, Danette saw the "wink" from across the arena.  She didn't want to leave the gelding area, stood with her rear legs splayed behind her.  At one point she attempted to back her bottom at one of the boys.  Danette has noticed that Camryn had been quite vocal yelling towards her place from the paddock the day prior.  I'm guessing that will be my first sign now that I don't want to tempt her with boys LOL  Poor girl.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Happy you weren't doing more than walking when your stirrup "disappeared"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope the weather cooperates for you!

    ReplyDelete