Saturday, May 28, 2011

Practice makes perfect (I hope)...

This afternoon I hooked the trailer up to my new truck & drove it around a bit empty.  Hubs made me back it from the road into the driveway.  Don't know why but, that is way difficult for me to wrap my head around.  I can back straight, or curves but, sharp angles make me sweat.  I did do it but, took forever.  Hubs makes it appear so effortless.
Anyway, afterwards my neighbor came over to assist/support me in loading & taking Camryn for a short trip in the trailer.  All went well, I'd practiced loading several times though had never closed the butt bar or shut the doors.  Camryn was concerned when she felt the butt bar, once we'd closed the doors we heard road apples hit the floor inside.  She did move around a bit, nothing involving kicking or load noises.  So, off we went around the block (country block which is 4 to 5 miles.  Once home while Camryn didn't back off as slowly as in practice she didn't fly out either.  She was damp from sweat though not dripping by any means.  I'd call our maiden voyage a success.
Tomorrow we have plans for our first off property trail ride, the drive is just about 10 minutes more than today's drive.  While she'll be trailering alone, we'll be following and riding with her two best buddies (weather permitting of course).  I can't wait, while both Camryn & I have trailered out to rides, doing it together we're virgins!!!
Wonder if I'll sleep tonight, very exciting week with new truck now our first adventure too.

No comments:

Post a Comment