Friday, May 13, 2011

no lesson this week...

Had a lesson planned at neighbors arena yesterday.  Anna was having her lesson first so I went over to watch.  I learn tons just watching others as well.  It was getting about time for me to go fetch Camryn when thunder began rolling in.  It was suggested I hurry to get her before the storm hit.  My feelings were, perhaps I'd get her to the arena but, what would I do after the lesson?  I mean it's not like she lives at the boarding barn LOL.  So, I rescheduled for next week.  Very thankful I did as it was one H of a storm system!!!  The wind was blowing the rain sideways.  I ended up trapped in the barn with Camryn (not a bad thing at all), hubs called my cell laughing.  Camryn was munching right inside the barn door when a huge branch came down just outside.  She did her splay the legs spook, realized what it was then went back to eating with purpose.  Had to laugh, my old horse woulda been thru the back gate in a NY minute.  Love my girls no nonsense attitude, she's like "hey, stuff happens, why get bothered".
The trailer loading is going quite nicely, haven't tied her yet but, she's going in, standing for a few minutes then backing out slowly when asked too.  Storms expected all weekend so practice/training may be on the back burner for a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment