Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Visit from the Chiro guy...

Camryn here:
Well, Mom says Dr. Tony is my new friend and I'll think he's my best friend to boot.  Not so sure bout that!!!  I was a good girl, better than he anticipated once he'd gone over me and knew where I was hurting.  I got lotsa owie places, he told Mom that they were all from way before I came here and I been owie a long time.  Mostly caused from being kept in a tie down stall on concrete & my previous obisity.  Mom showed him one of my old pictures, he laughed and said I'd looked like a giant guinea pic, though I was of course now quite beautiful.  Good thing he said that I tell ya.
First he felt me allllll over, told Mom where he could feel issues and where he felt the worsest ones are.  Then he took this little thing that makes popping noises kinda like a clicker.  I kept looking for the treat, then figured out it wasn't Mom's clicker.  He did that from behind me ears, allllllll the way down one side of my back, then started it all over again on the other side.  He did all four legs too, I gave grump face on my owie right rear.  He did the popping thing like that three times, he even did my feets with it.  He told Mom he was using 35 lb of pressure, mostly for that I just chilled and licked Mom's hands some.  I'm not normally a hand licker at all.
Next he worked my owie hip with his body, that wasn't fun but, I was good for him.  Then he started doing things with my Atlas and my neck muscles, at first I didn't like the neck muscle part but, after a bit I just laid my head across him and let him have at it.
My right hip is way the owiest.  That he felt was caused by my run in with barbed wire when I was a  yearling.  The Vet stitched me, but I probably hurt my hip at the same time.  My right shoulder is almost as  owie as my hip, all along my neck and the top of my head (Atlas) too.  Oh and my withers hurt even.
Dr. Tony said I was a remarkably good girl about having my hip manipulated. He said he expected me to kick out at least once but, I didn't.  Dr. Tony is coming to see me every week for the next four weeks, then every other week for a least two more times.  That Mom should see a much happier girl after just a few treatments.
Mom says she feels bad cause I've been so good even though I hurt, and she appreciates that I've never acted out on account of it and kicked her #%&!.  Her says her can't wait for my neck to be better so maybe I'll enjoy hugs instead of having them irraate me too. 
Oh, her didn't take pictures on account of not knowing how I might react to all the stuff.  Dr. Tony had mentioned some horses spook so she felt better safe than pictures.  We'll try next time I promise.
Later

9 comments:

  1. I am so in awe of what the Chiro's can find... and I totally understand how we humans can feel so badly about not knowing!
    I can't wait to see pictures. The popping thing sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget what he called it. It's like a little self contained hammer of sorts.

      Delete
  2. The chiro is pretty amazing! They seem to be able to find and fix things that we don't even know is owie! Glad he is gonna fix you up so you feel better! And kudos for being so good for mom and the chiro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can trade Chiro stories. He was pretty nice, Mom even commented to him that I knew he wasn't doing this "to me" but "for me".

      Delete
    2. You will get used to it and feel wonderful! Did he put you into all kinds of goofy positions? Mine did! Stretched my legs out, made my head go high, hugged my neck, then had me trot. Moms do know what is best :)

      Delete
    3. Just moved my hip around and big neck hugs. It was way muddy outside so no trotting. He mentioned I may be a tad lame in the hip today but, I'm not :)

      Delete
  3. How lovely to have a massage day. Does your human take as much care of herself as she does of you? Mine doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way does Mom take that kinda care of herself. Takes her months to finally go to the Dr. for herself. I think they really do appreciate us lots. SIGH hope that doesn't mean I have to show appreciation back!

      Delete
    2. I think that is true of all horse owners! At least the ones I know. Horses and dogs come first :)
      I am sure your mom knows you appreciate it, even if you don't tell her always.

      Delete