Sunday, May 5, 2013

This, that & the other...

Camryn here:
Lots but, at the same time nothing much going on here. 
Mom's been walking me thru the grass with a chain on my halter, teaching me that grass is only really good when she says OK.  Otherwise it's not so good cause the chain kinda bites me SIGH.  Today Mom saddled me up and rode me round the paddock (finally it's dry enough), she made sure my listener was working well.  Then she dismounted and opened the gate to the yard and all it's green splendor!  At first I didn't wanna stand for her to remount cause I wanted in the yard real bad.  So mean Mom made me walk round n round n round the mounting block till my listener was tuned up again.  Mom mounted then we went into the yard, surrounded by nommy greenery and not a bite could I have.  Yes, I'm whining!  Good part is, that since Mom understood the tempation and how cruel she was being, she pulled out the clicker and worked with click n treating.  That helped some. Though I didn't wanna get to close to the paddock gate cause I knowed once thru it there was no chance at grass.  Mom realized that so everytime we headed towards the gate, she'd either whoa, turn, or circle me "before" I decided to revolt on my own.  Something bout it being her idea so we were always successful?  I don't get it but, I was good and never revolted at all.  Mom dismounted while still in the yard, then lead me into the paddock and shut the gate.  I was soooooo sad bout that, but once unsaddled she hooked the chain on my halter and I got to go back in the yard to eat.  On her terms but, I did think that was very nice of Mom.

Mom and Danette went to a tack swap yesterday. Since my diet is working so nicley I needed a new girth, she picked up a really nice comfy one for real cheap. I liked that purchase, the other purchase not so much. A dressage whip so that when I try to lag behind when being led so I can maybe snatch some grass she can keep me catched up. Darn trainer teaching her all these little tricks to trick me BAH I say!

K, the other...Grampa is in the horsespital again.  Actually this is the third time in as many weeks!  They be thinking he might have blood clots in his legs.  Course they think something differant every time, Dad is way stressed out.  He can't leave work, his college classes, the trying to buy new house & Grampa has him on over load.  One of the sisters is going to go down tomorrow or Tues.  Her car won't make the drive so Mom n Dad are letting her borrow one of our trucks to go down.

Gramma is doing good, she goes to see her Oncologist on Tues.  So hoping Oncologist concures with her surgeon and no surgery will be needed.  Gramma's Dr. visits is one of a few reasons Grampa can't just move in here right now.  See, we only gots a two bedroom house and Gramma stays with us for Dr. visits.  So someone would have to sleep with me in the barn if the spare bedroom was occupied I guess!

The weather is BEEAUTIFUL, flowers be a blooming, I'm loving smelling the magnolia blossoms on the tree by my barn door.  And no I don't eat em, they be far to pretty to eat.  Maizee is finally making friendly with Promise and Ivy, still isn't to sure of Tye yet.  Probably cause his fur covers hims eyes.  I suppose if she knew he was blind and deaf she'd realize she didn't need to hide from him? 

Later

10 comments:

  1. So, you have to ride on the grass, but not eat it? Harsh!!
    Hoping Grampa gets better and stays out of the horsepital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very harsh not being able to eat that nice yummy stuff. Humans are such control freaks. Shame mine isn't so controlling on her own food intake she needs something that bites her everytime she goes to eat something she doesn't need. **sigh**
    Sad about Grampa a very worrying time for everyone. Our thoughts are with him xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanx Shy n Zoe, I'll pass on well wishes to Grampa. And yes, humans are major control freaks. Almost as bad as us!!!

      Delete
  3. There is nothing more tempting for a haffie than a field of green. But, your mom knows best. She knows you could get really sick if you ate too much. She also knows that given the opportunity, you would eat too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SIGH, I know, I know. Still it's very painful walking thru without eating

      Delete
  4. Ah the torture of being made to 'ignore' grass, wonder if the humans can manage to 'ignore' chocolate and cake?! Sending get well wishes to Grampa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Mom does let me munch after, she realizes how cruel it would be to surround her with cheesecakes and all!

      Delete
  5. You know it could be worse. I turned Tammy pony out for 2 years with a special grazing muzzle on, so's she could walk around with her herd mates, but never really get to all the nummy grass!

    yeah, I know, my bad! But she is still alive & well, nearly 6 years after the vet said it was time to let her go to horse heaven; so I feel ok about making her suffer a bit.

    Best wishes to Gramma & Grampa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo, I've heard of those grazing muzzle torture devices! Actually heard it from Mom that maybe I might be tortured with one in the near future!

      Delete
  6. Being a "Good Do-er" myself, I sympathise with the ability to store calories into lard for future use. I guess the problem is that none of us are likely to suffer enough hardship to need to raid the store, so we just keep getting porkier!

    Only answer is to eat less & exercise more. Sorry, but your Mom is acting in your best interests :)

    ReplyDelete