Monday, August 15, 2011

Saddle came-didn't fit...

Camryn here:
Well, the new saddle came, an now it's going back.  Mom did wither tracings, her made gullet templates an all that.  Still it didn't fit.  To big actually, the gullet was nearly sitting on my withers, no way I coulda moved freely with Mom in it.  It woulda been hurting me big time, in no time. 
Mom put it on me while still in my fly gear.  Silly woman!!!  Danette came over and they stripped me down and did a proper "does it fit" look.  Answer is no way...

This is me showing my frustration over the new saddle not fitting...

Chomp, chomp, chomp, I'm very frustrated.  Mom said if she drank, she'd get drunk.  Me, I chew the fence...

This is my sad frown, saying "Good bye new saddle"...
So, Mom has friends bringing saddles to the camping thing.  I'm going to model them, whichever fits, we'll buy if for sale, or we'll borrow whilst Mom saves up for a proper - Camryn Saddle - in the spring.  That be one that I can try on.  If none fit at the camp, then I'll just hang out and make new friends all weekend I guess!!! 
Funny thing is that the lady from the saddle place suggested a Specialized saddle.  And they don't sell them either!!!  That's what her rides in an they can change as your back does.  Momma may just check them out.
Later...

3 comments:

  1. Oh no.....

    My Mrs. Owner sometimes rides me in a Wintec dressage saddle. She said that it has 5 different gullet pieces. I think other saddle companies are beginning to offer similar setups - Pippin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear this! Its a real pain in the a***!I have a saddle coming shortly, its the second one, the first didnt fit, if this one doesnt, I`m gonna quit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to days where a cowboy would say: "I've got a saddle," and the assumption was that it would fit any horse, eh?
    It's such a pain to find the right saddle! I completely feel your pain - been there!! Just dealt with a unique problem with my mare's spine - finally decided on a Circle Y flex 2 "tunnel" saddle with a Reinsman tunnel saddle pad. I'm happy to say that they do fit!! But the process to find that fit can be frustrating.
    And my hubby is trying to understand why each of my horses (very different backs) have to have their very own saddle? Of course, his schooling on the subject is the western movie with the cowboy's line from above!
    Good luck!! I really hope that someone will have a saddle for sale this weekend that fits beautifully! Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete