Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tail trimming...


I unbraided Camryn's tail the other day.  I learned to keep it braided so snow/mud balls don't form on the ends during the winter.  With today being the 1st day of spring (YEAH), I figured it was time to allow her a fly swatter again. Found it to have grown quite a bit since last springs trimming.  Yesterday, I headed down the the barn with scissors to trim a few inches off.  First I had to comb the bedding out, I find it amusing that I wake with "bed head", Camryn aways with "bed tail".  Probably should have taken more off, but I just find it unbearable to cut to much off.  Her tail is her glory after all...
"Camryn's bed-tail"...
"B4 trim"...
"After trim"...
Now that I've posted pix, I can see more needs to come off.  I took about 3 inches, I'm guessing another 2 inches <SIGH>
She's still shedding out like crazy, I remove a mini horse from Camryn every day it seems!!!
Been so busy, besides starting back up at work, spring cleaning paddock has begun in earnest.  I kept up 4 most of the winter, then about 5 weeks ago, I began having stomach problems & just wasn't able to do so.  Almost finished, thankfully Camryn is a neat girl & keeps her "business" in the corners. Camryn enjoys watching me clean her yard, & offers tips whenever she feels it necessary (which is often).  So far she hasn't tipped the wheelbarrow over, though not for lack of trying!!!
 Practiced pulling the trailer empty yesterday LOL.  Hope once the weather holds to start riding & make plans to head out and about sometime soon.

2 comments:

  1. Her tail is beautiful!
    When I first got my guys their tails were short, well above their hocks. Since they were used in harness a lot, I guess this keeps them from getting their tails caught in stuff. Now their tails are close to the ground...but not like Camryn's!
    Doc is giving me mini's, too. Not so much, yet, for Pippin - we just get small poodles from him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her tail looks great. We are getting at least poodles everyday too!

    ReplyDelete