Saturday, April 27, 2013

maybe for me?...

Camryn here:
Mom n Dad went house shopping today.  Dad really liked the house Mom liked best on her last house hunt adventure.  It had the house with that needed the least amount of money throwed into it right away AND it had this for me:

Isn't it beautiful, Mom says it's bigger than it looks too.  Already a loft, and it has stairs into it stead of climbing a ladder like Mom does now.  It's got electric to it, though Dad would have to run water out.  Dad thinks the porch is awesome but, for some odd reason he had visions of his actually sitting on it.  Mom is like "Duh, the porch is for Camryn to stand out of the rain".  She has a vision of the man door turning into a dutch door for me and the porch being like a Camryn balcony. Best of all it's two acres of nummy grass, though I imagine the dogs n house will take up like 1/4 of it.  Dad said he'd throw up trick fencing all round at first, then come fall, tick out a smaller area for winter sacrifice.  Mom has to figure out what to do with all the road apples I make with there being no woods here, now they put it round all the trees, and they eat up all my poo real fast.
  I'd show you pictures of the house too but, hey this is my blog so I show you pictures of what hopefully will be my house!
We've given the realtors a list of questions to ask the owners, the refinace of our current place "should" close on May 6th.  So unless Mom finds something else she likes better or this house gets sold out from under our noses they'll make a bid soon as they sign the closing papers for the refinance thingy.
Please cross all hooves cause I think I'll really, really like this new barn for me.  Oh it gots concrete floors, so my hay'll be lot less dusty.  She'll put rubber mats in my stall just like now so that shouldn't be an issue.  Mom is wondering bout the concrete patio though.  Do you think that will be OK?  She worries bout things like that ya know.
Later

13 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! All of our hooves, paws, and fingers are crossed for you!
    I don't see the little bit of patio being a huge deal, but maybe you could put that rubber with the holes in it over it if it is a problem? I would be that you would mostly stay off of it though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah maybe that kinda matting would be good. Mom's big concern is if it got wet how slippery might it be?

      Delete
    2. I think if it got wet, it would be fine. I was thinking of ice in the winter. The runner mats with the holes would help drain any water/ice that got in there.

      Delete
    3. Oh, yeah I see what you mean!! Maybe mats with little nubs and holes?

      Delete
    4. Yeah. Another thing is to score the concrete. But I am not sure of you can do it to concrete that has set. Something to look into maybe. . .

      Delete
  2. Trax has his hooves crossed for you too. Its is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Trax, I sure wish they'd have taken me to see it with them SIGH

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous barn!
    We have concrete in front of our stalls. Luckily we had another area we could use as a paddock as I had the same concerns your mom has. But, I loved the concrete area when grooming and washing my guys. One nice thing is that it wouldn't be muddy!!
    I wonder if it would be possible to break out some of the concrete in front of the stall, leaving some porch area for the humans, too.... or for grooming, or storage.
    As for the manure - we manage our manure piles and let them compost. We have one 'active' pile and one that is cooking. We dug out a hillside to contain the piles. It doesn't look like you have too many hills - maybe timbers could be used to make three-sided bins. Some people will come and take composted manure for their gardens. We also spread our 'cooked' manure on the pasture.
    I can't wait to hear how this all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use the three sided bins too. I make lots though so the over fill Dad puts round the trees who seem to really like it lots. Breaks down much faster there!

      Delete
  4. Wow what an awesome house for you. I'm sure you could share the porch. He can sit in his ol' rocking chair (I've seen american films) and have a stack of carrots to feed you by his side.
    2 acres of grass **sigh**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea, maybe a flat screen TV? We can watch Flicka and the Blast Stallion movies! Yup, I like it

      Delete
  5. That looks like a very lovely house Camryn, we are keeping our hooves and ear crossed for you. A porch all of your very own looks lovely and Maizee would like to rest a while there too we reckon? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maizee is really gonna love the stairs to the loft bigtime

      Delete