Saturday, June 29, 2013

Not made of sugar...



Camryn here:
Guess it's pretty safe to say I'm not made of sugar!!!  Cause I didn't melt after yesterdays and todays storms.  This video was taken after todays, which was actually worser than yesterdays.  Both days flooded my pond pasture, todays was deeper and closer to my barn.  Both days I just headed on out and ate anyway.  And yes, I do have grasses in small areas that aren't under water.   Mom calls me her Blonde Moose Gurl now cause I be grazing under water just like Moose do!  Her be pretty worried that all this waters will make my hooves soft, since it's not only the pasture that's wet...

Yup, the barn aisle is all muddy too.  Mom put me to bed early so I could dry my feets since my stall is happily dry.  Her n Dad went out to dinner tonight and after they drove by the new place.  Mom was happy to report no floods there!!!  Rather than being down in a valley like here, it's up high.  Can't wait for dry ground I tell ya, but on the other hand can you imagine how lush n green my pond pasture will be one the floods recede again?  Good thing Mom is so busy with getting things ready for the move, cause we sure couldn't be riding right now.  On the other hand, that might just be pretty fun?  Mmmmmm....
Later

5 comments:

  1. Glad the water doesn't bother you one bit! Such a good haffie!! Bet you can't wait to get to the new place though so you don't have to graze underwater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Mom has me all excited bout being a "drylander"

      Delete
  2. Wow, you were able to play Moose!! I hope your water recedes soon! Glad you had your nice dry stall to hide in for a bit:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder if I could grow antlers? That's be cool! It's receding but, more storms predicted SIGH

      Delete
  3. Looks like some storm, which I now appreciate having been in one while in Montana!

    ReplyDelete