Friday, February 7, 2014

Mom keeps busy...

Camryn here:
With all the ghastly cold weather Mom's been home from work lots.  Considering that most of the greenhouse has no heat, it's no wonder she's staying home lots.  That and it's to darn cold to put me to work (I love cold). On days when Lil Man Lincoln isn't here she's been keeping pretty busy painting...

The kitchen walls needed/still need art on the walls.  After lots of thought Mom decided on doing still lifes of things that are edible.  For humans anyway, take note she didn't do none of Hay!!!  Rude I think.  Mom's fav is the tangerine half unpeeled, I say "paint hay".  Silly Mom is thinking of painting a P & J sandwich too.
 
Dad loves Red Tailed Hawks, Mom planned on buying one (a painting not a hawk) for Christmas then thought she'd give it a go herself.  So Dad got an unpainted canvas to unwrap, then she painted it.  Mom's not a good bird painter but...Dad loves it so it'll do.  She plans a companion piece sometime in the future for it.
 

Then last but, far from least...This tribute to our Tye.  Mom took this picture of him snoozing alongside Reej (his head is in the corner) in front of the laptop a few years back.  It's always been one of her fav pictures of him.  She just finished it today.  She really misses the fuzzy wuzzy butthead lots.
Next up she's got a big canvas for over the couch, that still is needing some paint on it!  Dads scared he'll be surrounded by horse/dog paintings so while it'll likely be a landscape, Mom plans to sneak a few tiny equines (Haflingers?) in perhaps.
Later

10 comments:

  1. I love your art! Very cool , especially the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever. I agree about the hay painting. Could she do one to hang in your room? There used to be a red tailed hawk at the farm I used to live at. The lady who flew him was into falconry. You could hear his wee bell from a long way off. I have a photo of him somewhere. Sadly someone poisoned him. Lady has a new one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad that anyone would poison someting so beeeutiful. Mmmmm, I'll have a chat with Mom bout the hay painting for my room ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow those paintings are awesome, we could eat every single thing in those first pics.... especially the tangerine - yum! Talented Mom you got there :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had tangerine before or pears. I do know I LOVE APPLES though.

      Delete
  4. Will you give me some art lessons?!
    I love your hawk - even though Camryn says that you say you are not a good bird painter!
    I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I think you're doing quite well with your paintings Dreaming. I've been enjoying watching you progress. My biggest prob is getting the color right or the way I think it should be anyway.

      Delete