Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Snow in forecast

We have snow in the forecast later in the week.  I've been taking advantage of the past few days and riding Camryn after work before it gets dark.  We've stuck to her pasture area as since the leaves have fallen, Camryn can easily see the neighbor horses and  has chosen a pathway she feels is the best way to get over to them.  Unfortunately her chosen path, involves some trespassing which I'm not keen to do!!!  While she has never "just taken off" with me to get there and I've never "felt" that was her intention.  Keeping her off Jacks property is difficult.  When her mind is set on something she can be a bit difficult to persuade.  Amazing how easily Camryn flexes, that is until she knows doing so turns her away from her intended path LOL.  Just tells me we still have work to do, and as fighting with an over 1000 lb drafty mare probably isn't such a wise idea.  I instead stay within the fence on days I can feel a fight might ensue. 
One new thing I've managed to do while saddled is open/close the gate from her paddock into the back yard.  Now that we've done that once, we'll be able to work on that and hopefully perfect it.
Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment