Monday, November 22, 2010

Something is in the woods Mom...

Something apparently was in the woods.  Camryn could see it, of course human that I am, had no clue.  Having a camera stuck to my face, aimed at Camryn, I would miss it!!!  Neighbors have mentioned a 10 point buck that's been looking for a mate, he's been hanging out behind Camryn's pasture a lot.  Sorry, no Mr. Big Buck pix, just Camryn as usual.  Don't you just love her winter woolies, and her tail is just awesome.  Perhaps Mr. Big Buck thinks so too?  They are the same color after all!!!  I always get a chuckle when she appears to be wearing black socks, there is a muddy area in the pasture which has the only remaining grass right now.  
Something's back there Mom!

Just over the hill Mom...
Hurry, let me out so I can see it...
To late Mom, it's gone



Take note of the leaves in the woods.  That's what her pasture would look like, except I took the leaf blower to it three times!!!  Yes, I'm serious, the neighbors think I'm nutso, I probably am.  I'm hoping by having the pasture clear of all the leaves the snow melts, and spring rains will be able to drain back to the ditch and relieve some of the flooding we get back there.  Fingers crossed on that one.  Also as her pasture has so many trees, being leafless will help me spot deadfall after winter storms to keep it cleaned up.  This is the longest we've been able to use her pasture, normally it's been to wet come Nov. to use.  The grass is of course gone, but she enjoys it so much.  Not sure how to explain it to Camryn when she's stuck in the paddock area till spring.  She's gonna be bummed big time.
PS these pix were taken just prior to my last leaf blowing.  Should've taken some after shots I guess

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dixie went a chasing 2 deer on Sunday but her little legs just couldn't keep up;) Camryn is quite beautiful and you are quite smitten with her! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your girl is just beautiful!!! I love the stockiness of her! I've got 2 spoiled rotten Arabs here in Texas that are very pretty but flighty and spririted aplenty. :)

    ReplyDelete