Sunday, June 3, 2012

Monumental I tel ya...

Camryn here:
Something that can only be described as Monumental occured here today...
It's never happend befor and most likely never will again.  Can you guess what it is?
Ivy found it all quite boring, but I'll show you any way...
Ready
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here it is...
 Dad rode me!!! 
Told ya it was monumental didn't I!  First I did my usual "Mom, I'll just follow you OK"...

Mom gave some instruction and we moved off a bit...


Then I decided to head back to Mom...


Then I thought, "mmmmm, my hay is sitting there" and tried to go back in the barn...


I think this is just about the part that Dad said "OK, I'm done"

Mom had intended for Dad to wear her helmet.  Um, Dad has a big head, Chris tried as you can see in the last picture to make adjustments the entire time.  I guess Chris being a Medic n me being such a good girl it was OK just this once.  Mom had whispered in my ear about Dad paying my feed bill so I had to be real careful, I was.  Dad had told Mom last weekend for her Birthday he'd ride cause she's been wanting him too.  It was way to hot though, so they waited for a good day to do it.  Mom's had a horse here not (Mo before me) over 5 years and this was a HUGE first.  And like I said probably the last.  Dad just isn't into it.  I was glad I had my bitless cause Dad thinks the reins are the control so when ever I headed for Mom or for the barn he'd P-u-l-l on my face.  Mom figured he would so made sure to use my bitless.  Mom explained legs, seat and such but not being into it, he didn't really get it.  So, I guess I'm glad this was the first and last time too.
Kudo's to Dad for giving it a go, and I was happy to do it.  He is a nice guy for sure.
Later

9 comments:

  1. That's a brave man! My Hubby has never been on either of the Haffies. He did, once, get on the horse I owned in college, and we did go for a trail ride through the jungle in Belize.
    I'm glad pictures were taken to commemorate the momentous occasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Mom made sure she had the camera handy. Can you tell from his expression the fun he "isn't" having hee hee!!!

      Delete
  2. How cool! How tall are you Camryn? You look pretty tall with dad on you. My hubby could never ride Shy. . .his feet would drag since he is 6'3"!
    You are such a great girl! Your dad looks like he is concentrating really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 58 inches, my roundness keeps his legs shorter than usual I think hee hee. Dad is 5'11", your right he was concentrating so hard, he couldn't hear Mom telling him, "nudge right leg, lift left rein gentle, gentle. When he needed to back me from the barn door Mom said "sit deep and ask her to back". Dad was "I am sitting!!!" Chris was trying hard not to laugh loud! He promised Mom he'd try again in 5 years though hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have one of the smallest Haffies around!
      I am wondering if Haffies are measured in inches or is it just an Ohio thing? :)
      At the show circuit in Ohio, they all measure their Haffies in inches too. Maybe because I am new-ish, I always used hands. I need to get hip with the Haffie lingo :)

      Delete
  4. Good pictures! My Husband has never been on Winn ,either,nor I doubt he ever will,he calls him "The Sheep"! Bless your Hubby for trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The Sheep", to funny. Try hitting him up for your birthday!!! That was the key to getting my Hubby in the saddle!

      Delete
  5. Thank you Susan, for your kind remarks about Jace & Biscuit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, can't wait to hear the outcome. Thinking positive.

      Delete