Friday, February 4, 2011

Piss n Vinegar

Getting my strength back and feeling much better.  Today down at the barn, I noticed that Camryn was "blowing me off"!  Nothing major but, caused me to realize perhaps having seen me in my weakened state for several days, Cam felt she should see if I'm still strong enough to be her trusted leader.  Yup, I am!!!  I started by walking and having her stop beside me a few times just to check.  Sure enough she just kept walking like I didn't exist.  So, she wanted to keep moving, I decided she should...All I had was her hay net, so I gave it some energy.  Lil gurl didn't like it one lil bit either.  As I sent her away, her lovely bottom basically flipped me off with hooves airborne. Momma gave that hay net more energy, Camryn is like "What the!!!!!!".  Kept her moving at a brisk trot?  Ok, trot some more.  If she flipped me off, she got to canter.  If she wanted to stop, "nope, you wanted to move, so move it gurl.  When she showed signs of cooperation and I allowed her to stop/think.  Tried to walk and whoa, she blew me off again so we kept working, next walk/whoa attempt had her most eager to do so. 
After filling and hanging her haynet, she asked politely if perhaps it was time to eat lunch. 
No I wasn't mean, just nipping something growing in the bud before it took root.  I actually think she enjoyed herself after the first few minutes of surprise...

2 comments:

  1. Morrissey does this too in the pasture every so often. If she runs away when I try to catch her I just make her run until she is ready to be caught and then some. We have to keep our girls in line. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, could it be a Haffie thing? My guys can cop an attitude very easily!

    ReplyDelete