Sunday, February 20, 2011

Soon to be mobile...

YeeHaw, Camryn has her own wheels.  I have the best hubby in the entire world, already knew that of course.  He does continue to confirm it, I am sooooo blessed.
Anyway, borrowed my sons truck as our Ranger is to small to safely pull it.  Chris will give me access to  his truck whenever I need.  Must mention how awesome Chris is as well.  He got a chuckle when I told him "it pays to be good to your children LOL.
The trailer is older, a 1994 Miley, two horse, straight load, with mangers.  Has tack area under mangers, is in pretty good shape for it's age.  New tires all around, lights all recently rewired, electric brakes, it's solid. Does have some rust but, no where important, all things hubby can take care off in short order.  Former owner was so sweet (of course being a horse person she'd have to be), we got the trailer at a very fair price.  Got to meet her horse "Vern" I love that name!  While Vern isn't a Haflinger, he's gorgeous and a very pleasant boy.  As the former owner mentioned to us the trailer towed awesome. We know this as the weather turned big time on the way home, making a two hour drive a four hour drive.  The interstate slowed down to 40 mph, we passed a multitude of accidents.  Prayers for all those involved.  Again my super hubby who was driving didn't blink an eye, and we got home without a hint of trouble.
I'm like a little kid, I keep looking out the window and telling hubby there is a trailer in the driveway LOL.  Poor guy, I'm like a ToysRUs kid!!!
I'm going to have to do some practicing pulling and backing the trailer empty, and of course making trailer loading fun for Camryn.  I can't wait for spring so Camryn and I can hit the road, and head for the trails together & with friends. Our big goal this year is to do "Ride For The Cure" down in Southern Ohio this coming Oct.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the wheels!
    I was given two tips that have helped me become better at backing and steering:
    1 - put your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel and move it in the direction you want the trailer to go.
    2 - look at the wheels of the trailer to judge where you are, where you want to turn, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super! I'm so happy for you. My husband and I are also on a trailer hunt this year. We want to go camping with our horses, so the trailer needs to be fairly large - maybe a 4 horse. We have sheep, so we would use it for shipping them. You are brave to plan to drive it. I am only comfortable if my husband is driving. I'm such a wimp.

    ReplyDelete