Thursday, April 14, 2011

Goodbye Dear Reej...

I posted a short while ago about our Reej being ill.  While on his meds, he'd have a short rebound, then go down again.  Each time he went down it was harder, each rebound was less of a rebound.  I noticed last night when giving him meds that Reej gums were quite cold.  Not a good sign at all.  Called Vet in the morning & she agreed it was time for Reej.  Such a difficult decision to make, one of my hardest by far.  He will be so very missed, but he's now in a far better place.  Reej always had anxiety issues, he wasn't friendly to many people, but those he cared about always felt special to be one of "the chosen".  While my mother was recuperating from surgery at our place, he became known as "Dr. Reej" to her.  He's now gone to a place where he'll never feel anxious again & he'll greet all as a friend.
"Reej enjoyed stopping to smell the flowers"




"getting a good pic of Reej could be difficult, you had to catch him unaware of the scary black box sometimes"  "Got some of the best photos by catching him unaware at times"


"Just got a bath and feeling refreshed"


"Oh my, big snow & short legs don't work well here"


"Look at me, I'm winning"


"Can I come out and play?"


"Ooooh, Santy Paws came thru big time"



"Reej you made this world a better place"
  Reej left this world knowing much love, from both his humans and his canine pack as well. Our other dogs are looking for him, that hurts my heart big time.  Little Ivy our youngest is so going to miss the evening baths Reej gave her while we watched TV.  He'd have been a wonderful mother.

9 comments:

  1. I hate losing a pet even though I know they've gone to a better place. I have an older German Shepherd that will be joining Reej soon. As you say, it makes my heart hurt. Hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry to hear of your loss - but he was well-loved and will be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing easy about what you are going through--it is so hard to lose those we love, whether 2-legged or 4-legged. Once they find a way into our hearts, they are there forever...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making that decision is so darn tough. But it sounds like both you and your vet knew what was best. Losing fuzzy family is hard. Love the pictures. He'll be missed, but hopefully all of the good memories can help you through the sad times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I am so sorry. My heart is breaking for you though I know it was a decision out of love. Dixie and I are sending you huge hugs and happy spring thoughts! The beautiful pictures you always capture the true essence of why we love our dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about Reej. He seemed like a special little man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard not to hurt when they're gone even when it's best for them. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your wonderful dog with us in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry that you lost Reej, never had a clue the other day since I didn't stop at the house.
    It's really a hard decision to make, but our babies are never around as long as we would like them to be. Deb C.

    ReplyDelete