Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring shots & check up...

Today we did spring shots, to save on the farm call I walk Camryn over to the neighbors.  Splitting the farm call between six people is an enourmous savings.  I hadn't had Camryn off our property since November, she also hasn't had grass access all winter.  So, I was a tad concerned about walking down the road, plus the neighbors hubby wouldn't appreciate Camryn attempting to rape his lawn as we walked back to their barn!!!  It was pouring rain, I dressed her in a rope halter for more control and off we went.  I had my hood up at first but, realized I lacked any perifial vision so had to take it down.  Camryn did great, I spotted a large oil truck headed our way stepped into a drive for it to pass then continued on.  She only barged for grass once, I was so happy with her. 
Last time our Vet had seen her she'd dropped quite a lot of weight but, still had a lot to loose.  Today, Dr. Connie walked in spotted Camryn and said "OMG she's lean".  Then mentioned she'd be able to tell better once she had her hands on her.  When it was Camryn's turn first thing she did was run her hands along her side,  she then declared that Camryn was a poster child for Haflinger weight loss and was perfect aside from needing to muscle up after winter.  I was very proud of both of us for that.  Camryn was such a good girl for her exam and shots, she wanted to see everything that was going on as usual.  Dr. Connie remembered that we click train and asked how that was going.  So, Camryn demoed a bit. 
Good girl Camryn...

2 comments:

  1. What great news. Folks with Arabs or T-breds just don't understand the angst of owning a potentially tubby horse!! Love the comment about 'raping' the grass. Again, maybe only Haffie owners would understand that!!

    ReplyDelete