Monday, April 11, 2011

Home from Equine Affaire...

Oh what fun we had, awesome weather, horses, shopping, horses...
My legs are killing me from walking so much, would do it all over again next weekend if I could though.  Didn't buy a whole lot, mainly things useful for trailering, if I had gone there a wealthy woman I'd have left a poor one for sure.  Only two complaints from me: 1. it ended to soon, 2. the food vendors prices were horrendous.  They should honestly be ashamed of themselves.
Did many clinics & seminars, most were very informative &/or entertaining, only left one in the middle due to the fact that it was geared more towards sales than actual information/education.  Another I left as I really wanted to see another that was starting soon.
Rather bummed that I didn't make it to the Haflinger Demo till it was nearly over.  We were just figuring out where everything was, plus time just got away from us.  I did manage to get quite a few Haflinger pix, as well as tons from the Pfizer Fantasia (awesome, beyond description), & of course random horse pix throughout.  Didn't realize till later how much I'm drawn towards Drafts till I uploaded my memory card at home!!!
Of course I'll be sharing many of them here on the Blog.  And of course, I'll start with Haflingers :)  Probably take all week to share them all, so bare with me as it will be a photo heavy week!  Here are just a few of my fav Haflinger pix, as I need to get out to the barn soon will do more tomorrow afternoon.
Hope you enjoy...




So, after the show we'll all meet at the Shire's stall...
You bring the warm mash, I'll handle the Alfalfa, then we'll all...


"Don't hate me because I'm Beeutiful"...


"Gotta wonder, which conversation is the most interesting here!"...

"last nights party really whooped my butt"
More tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. beautiful photos! The second photo reminds me of my boy if he had a nice mane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation of the horses' comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am partial to drafts myself and love that they are allowed to have long manes. Pulled, braided manes look nice too but I have a weakness for a long, flowing mane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photo 1 Augusta ABE & Midas Touch II NTF
    Photo 2 Augusta ABE
    Photo 3 All American Ladd WRF, Midas Touch II NTF, Augusta ABE, Like A Charm KCH, and hidden from view Mobile WRF
    Photo 4 Like A Charm KCH is the horse in front and if I would have to guess it is Augusta ABE in the back
    They are all from Walunt Ridge Farm https://sites.google.com/site/walnutridgefarmhaflingers/home

    ReplyDelete