Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One sick pupster...

Reej who's 12, has been one sick pupster.  The weekend before last he'd been acting lethargic and off his food.  Reej "never" refuses a meal!  Planned on a Vet visit first thing Mon. morning, however he returned to normal come Sun. evening.  I had caught him eating muck off my barn boots, so thought perhaps he'd upset his tummy and recovered.
Reej last spring taking time to smell the flowers...
This past weekend he was "off" once again.  He added coughing and heavy breathing on Sat., come Sun. he was once again fine!!!  Decided we'd better head to the Vet in the morning anyway.  I used to work there so Doc is pretty good at accommodating me & getting me right in.  So, glad I did, I left him for Doc to run some tests, blood panel, xray & EKG were in order.  Poor Reej, the blood panel showed an infection, the xray fluid in his lungs, The EKG results though inconclusive did show some abnormalities which I guess could be due to the lung infection.  So, he's now on a strong antibiotic & lasix, that's along with his seizure meds.   Reej is feeling better already.  Know clue what would've caused all this, just glad he's on the mend.  I do feel bad that he's holed up in the kitchen (with doggie bed) at night and while we're at work while on the lasix.  Hope he doesn't think it's because he's in trouble or something.

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when the guys are sick:( I hope the meds kick in and he gets better ! dix sends him a cardi hug!

    ReplyDelete