Saturday, October 30, 2010

bit of a windy ride today

Have been impatiently waiting a wind free day.  Just not going to happen it appears.  Except a quick naked ride (Camryn was naked not me), around the pasture on Sun., it's been nearly two weeks.  So today we girls decided to saddle up and ride.  Danette on Dakota and Lori on Eclipse met me on their horses at the back of my woods and we headed to Danette's arena.  Danette lives one house over from me, she has a home barn with her two horses and Lorie's horse.  She then has a boarding barn w/indoor arena, which can be accessed off another road or via the woods.  We generally use the woods with Camryn and I meeting up where our properties merge.  On our rides Camyrn doesn't much care if she's lead, middle or last, today we chose first.  Eclipse (Arab) normally leads, though he'll just go with the flow as well, Dakota (Spotted Saddle Horse) is the only one of the three with a preference, leading is not in her vocabularyry unless perhaps we're headed to her home barn, then she might choose to lead.  Something comical always occurs when Camryn is leading in front of Dakota.  Comical because Dakota is gaited so she moves out faster than Camryn.  Camryn (and I) prefer to amble along enjoying the sights.  If Dakota feels Camryn is moving to slowly, she'll reach out and lip (never uses teeth) at Camryn's ample Hafy butt.  This just cracks us up, Dakota saying "move it", with Camryn's attitude being "if you wanna go faster, why don't you lead girlfriend?" It's one of the things I so enjoy about my golden girl, she goes on totally unfazed by just about anything. Nothing exciting happened which of course is what you want in the saddle.  Doesn't read as well, personally I like boring ;)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe if I had a "boring" Hafy girl, I wouldn't have given up riding about 7 yrs ago. I'm a big fan of boring. Obviously Arabs don't exact fit that mold...

    ReplyDelete