Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Foiled again (4 now)...

Camryn here:
Well, Mom wins 4 now.  Her took a tarp and fastened it (safely) over the strap that supposed to keep me from the area I enjoy as a toilette in the barn aisle.  Don't worry, I'll get it figured out in no time for sure.
I did attempt to graze today, only about three minutes at a time.  I'd trot out, grab a bunch of mouthfuls then run like the wind back to the shelter of the barn, then rinse, repeat for about 20 minutes.  Mom's cleaning my stall and yells "run Forest run" whenever her heard me come running.  Her thinks she's quite the comedian I tell you!!!
The saddle dilemma?  Keep all hooves crossed, my new saddle ships tomorrow.  A lady from the Haflinger list sent Mom a site with gullet templates.  Mom made them (took forever) out of cardboard to check my sizes.  I was super good about it, though I did try to eat the instruction sheet.  Mom shoulda known better than to leave it in reach you know.  Anyhow, turns out even with my new svelte figure I remain voluptious as I take a Draft tree!!!  It's nothing fancy like my not fitting saddle was is.  It's all synthetic, so Mom can just hose it off, weighs less then our smallest doggie.  Dad loved the price and the fact that the company claimed to price match.  Mom found the same saddle heap cheap, so her getting it at that price but, minus the shipping cause the place her ordered it from doesn't charge shipping on saddles.  The guy wrote Mom saying he'd honor it, but would be last time he'd do so from the site her'd found.  Made Mom happy to make Dad happy, to make me happy.  Hey, we're all happy :)  Hope all my peep and horse friends out there are happy too.
Later...

1 comment:

  1. Yep! We`re all hunky dory! `cept for the damn rain again, and the wind, oh! and the mud!Lol

    ReplyDelete