Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm a Fashionista...

Camryn here:
Yup got stuck modeling again.  At least I got paid this time, in hay of course!!!  I was forced to leave hay momentarily to move about in each saddle however.
Mom got an email last night from Terri on the Haflinger Friends yahoo group.  Let me tell you Hafy people YOU ROCK!!!  We've never met Terri before and her offered to loan Mom her two saddles.  Not to keep or buy, but to check fit so Mom would know what to look for.  Mom went to her work (a horse barn), Terri's boss also had a saddle for me to try on as well.  That one was for sale but, SIGH didn't fit.  Mom got to meet Terri's Hafy's, Lexi and Lewie (could be Louie), oh and her Mini that looks like a Hafy named Skeeter.  If Mom still had her van Skeeter woulda been kidnapped for sure. 
Sooooo, Mom called Danette on the way home, her comed over and I modeled.  Mmmmm, maybe I'll apply for a Super Model job.  I'm getting the experiance lately for sure.
Saddle #1 was gorgeous, Mom and Danette got drool all over it I think.  It was a round skirt which worked great for me.  Sadly the gullet was to tight...
Saddle #2 a Billy Cook FQB.  Very nice saddle, at first glance the fit seemed good...
Saddle #3 another barrel saddle with FQB.  This one made Danette & Mom realize the Billy Cook didn't fit because this one does.  Gullet is juuuuust right, Mom trotted me, backed me and everything just fine.  The skirt is a tad to long, but we won't be running barrels this weekend.  Mom will just remain aware not to make tight turns this weekend.
Oh, yeah forgot to mention Terri is letting us burrow it for our camp trip.  Terri YOU ROCK BIG TIME!!!
Mom's gonna make tracings of the saddle gullet to take to saddle places maybe next week and try to find something with same gullet but, shorter or round skirts.  Guess that means I'm not done modeling just yet?
Thanx again Terri, Dad and Danette both were awed how helpful someone we've never met in person is.
Later...

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get just the right one soon. I went through this with Dandy, and it was soooo frustrating.

    JoAnn
    PS I enjoy your...oops, I mean Camryn's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lookin' good! Don't you hate it when the moms do things like that? On. Off. On. Off. Tug. Pull. On. Off. Pull. Tug.
    Well, at least you had hay!

    Love from Pippin.

    ReplyDelete